Monday, 5 January 2015

The Beginning......

So 2014 was a year of changes for me...
I moved from South East England to rural Ireland, with my 3 small minions and the Essex boy. I turned 30!!!!!! And finally became a sophisticated, mature and sensible woman......(okay, I'm still waiting on the sophisticated, mature and sensible bit......)

And I invested in Scentsy......

I had moved from an area of the uk where everything was on my doorstep!!! Friends, family, cinema, supermarket. All no more than a 15min drive away. Most within walking distance. My life was busy!!!! I spent my days running late, stressed and apologising. I tried to cram in work, friends family commitments and full time motherhood into a mere 24hr day. I was exhausted.

If I was having a bad day, I simply jumped in the car and landed at a friends house for tea and sympathy. If I didn't have time for that, then I would pop into asda and cheer myself up by buying junk I didn't even know I wanted......"oo look at this useless piece of shit!!! How did I ever live without it!!!"

Now I find myself an hour away from any real shops. Further still from asda and a plane journey from friends and family.

To begin with I loved the quiet!!!! I loved slowing down and I made lots of new friends :D the kids settled quickly at school (a miracle!!!!!) They had also morphed into well behaved and willing to help children!!!! (Another miracle!!!!......although the novelty is now starting to wear off ;) 

But once the house was unpacked, decorated, re-organised a few hundred times. I realised, I needed something for me to do........... 

I just didn't know what. And living in a remote area, jobs are few. The biggest of my small people has extra needs and I didn't want to venture too far from home.

Then one evening I was sat flicking through the selling pages on Facebook. I spotted a post about Scentsy. My own Scentsy warmer had vanished in the move and I hadn't found anyone in my area to get a replacement from. So I commented on the post and intended to buy a new one......they had a pink vintage teapot warmer that would go great on my newly finished DIY, shabby-chic kitchen dresser :D 

Little did I know what the Facebook conversation I had just begun would bring me......

It turned out that the lady I was chatting to, had just moved into a house in the next lane to me!!!! We became very close friends, very quickly. Despite the Essex boy being convinced I was meeting an internet  murderer and would end up buried in the bog ;) 

Within 3 weeks I not only had my vintage teapot warmer and home full of lovely Scentsy fragrances. 
But I had my own business, something to fill my time and fantastic family friends...

2015 has just begun last year will be hard to beat.........but I like a challenge ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so pleased for u huni, I really do believe that moving there has been the best decision u've made (apart from not being rnd the corner for a cuppa of course!) Can't wait to see u all this year xx

    ReplyDelete