Wednesday, 14 January 2015

How Scentsy saved our Christmas

So with the final decoration back in the loft and the last of our guests back home....I sit and reflect on our first Christmas in Donegal.

We had a long visit from nanny, who stayed the entire month. Then shorter visits from grandad, uncle snake, daddy and aunty M. We generally dread the run up to Christmas. It has been known to cause our biggest small person, huge meltdowns and panic attacks as his aspergers goes into overdrive. This year we were in a new place with people coming and going.........I didn't hold out much hope tbh.

But then we discovered this little feller.......

And at times of high anxiety, he retreats to a comfy spot with a calming fragrance and his super soft best friend. Tucker the tiger, has been to school, church, to visit Santa, the cinema.....pretty much everywhere!!! 

Meltdowns have been minimal and his new coping strategy is working wonders.....

Now, with so many different visitors at the busiest time of the year. My God I was grateful for my massive haul of Scentsy!!!!!! Our bathrooms have been in constant use, as has the washing machine!!! But thanks to the following Scentsy hacks. I managed to cheat and pull off the perfect housewife bit.....without actually doing much housework ;)

And you lucky buggers.....get my trade secrets.

THE GUEST BATHROOM SURVIVAL KIT

1) a scent pack hidden in the loo roll!!!!! My god it smelt gorgeous in there!!!  Whatever the weather ;)
2) all my towels were washed in Scentsy washer whiffs!! The Scentsy fragrance on these towels lasted so long that my guests only put them in the wash when they left!!! (No running out of clean towels here)
GET THESE!!!! They are so good they have their own blog post coming shortly.
3) Scentsy soap.......a little bit unknown, but gorgeous and lasts soooo bloody long. It's been in the bathroom 3 months and still only half gone!!

THE GUEST BEDROOM SURVIVAL KIT

1) obviously a warmer.....but how to use it?
I used a vanilla wax bar as it's really calming and sweet scented. I popped it on in the evening, so when my guests went to bed it smelt heavenly. They would turn it off overnight. And still comment on how the scent lasted till morning!!!..........covers up those morning man smells too ;)
2) again the washer whiffs!!!! Nothing like fresh bedding that stays fresh!!!
3)and again the washer whiffs!!!..........I pop a few in my Hoover, meaning I actually only had to Hoover once a week!!!! (A bit minging I suppose, but it freed me up to be with my visitors and the carpet was super Scentsy and fresh)

Now......... Most of my guests are smokers, as is the Essex boy......I am not!!

So to accomodate this, I turned my back porch into a smoking area. GENIUS IDEA!!!!! 

Look at my gorgeous assistants here :D  helloooo aunty m and nanny :D 

A few washer whiffs in the ashtray and some clean breeze warming in the zen rock warmer.
Happy guests and no Nast nicotine smells for me ;) happy holidays!!!! 

XMAS DAY

Christmas Day was awesome!!! The Essex boy outdid himself with the food and the entire week he spent watching Jaimie Oliver paid dividends :D

The smalls were extatic that Santa came.........especially as he bought mummy new ugg boots ;) 

And this little gem.....

The Santa sleigh Scentsy warmer with Christmas cottage wax bar. Meant that not only did we all feel Christmassy but the dreaded Brussels sprouts, didn't ruin the afternoon!!!! 

So Scentsy saved my sons Christmas angst, my home and my guests. Can it get any better? Oh yes it can!!!!!

Christmas with kids is expensive!! Yes Mr Sherlock, no ####!!!!!!!
Couple that with an early payday and you've got 6 long weeks till summer!!! (Jan pay)

Scentsy rescued us!!!! Paying as usual on the 11th meant that we had a little extra to fall back on. Right before Christmas and right after!!!!!! 

Hallelujah Scentsy!!! By god we could've kissed your edible grade, safe wax bars!!!!!!.......especially the apple press bar.....that stuffs smells delicious!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment